Here are my tips to a good before shot:
- Smile! Even if you have to fake it just keep grinning!
- Look into the camera, it's not a mugshot
- Take it in front of a door frame or the refrigerator - anything that will help you gauge size and cropping so your pics aren't all zoomed into different proportions
- Angles are key - make sure you get them from all sides and make sure you do it every time.
- Get someone to take them for you or get a tripod. A lot of mine were sideways from trying to use a dinky tripod so I got a taller one and really like the shots I have now
- Why not a before VIDEO? Talk about yourself, your life, why you want to lose weight, how you feel, etc.
- Try wearing a variety of clothes - ones you feel great in now, ones you don't fit into well, dresses, pants, workout clothes
- Take note of what you're wearing in the photos - i.e. what size and brand of jeans?