Monday, February 22, 2010

In The Interest of Full Disclosure

I thought I'd piggyback off of Chris and post my weights at various times for full disclosure.



My weight has been a constant struggle, I first started to notice it in 5th grade, but definitely in 6th grade. I only weighed 125 or so that year, but I couldn't fit into the juniors section (Limited Too, lol) that my friends could.

I remember weighing myself the summer between 7th and 8th grade and could not believe that it said 156. That was when my first real diet started. After that it was about 10 pounds every year from there, I'd lose some weight and gain it back. Eventually, I started to gain more back than I had lost so my dieting really served as a way to stave back the weight gain.

I fit into Limited / Express up until the second half of my first year in college. After that my ability to lose weight deteriorated, which I now know was due to lack of muscle, lots of fat, and probably PCOS (which BTW my doctors lacked to diagnose me as until 2009!)

That is why I'm proud of the 12 pounds I lost in 2009, I actually did lose a total of 18, but slipped towards the end of the year. But, the important thing was that UKC made sure that I stuck with my goals and thanks to it I have continued the downward trend.



I'm not going to say what my Week 6 numbers were (stay tuned this week), but I will say I finally felt validated with my progress above and beyond how much better I feel physically and mentally. I will say that the next dot on the chart does put me at "only" severely obese status. It's a hard pill to swallow, but yes that is a good thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment